Wednesday, December 31, 2008

'appy nooo earrr!

No, I'm not drunk. But have a nice one anyway.

2008, compared to the average year, may be described as humongously crappy. From Jan to December, June to... well, December. A few nice things happened of course. I became a graduate. I got into... well... a pretty cool institute for my M.A. (big grin). I've met some VERY nice people who I hope will remain in my life till--oh, ok, I won't be greedy, just till I'm 120 or so. But despite all this, I'm saying goodbye to the year with great relief and hoping I don't have to live through one like it for--again, being very restrained, 100-odd years.

I'm really tempted to write something philosophical about how life goes in unexpected ways but enough already!

Have a ball!

(Or a bat... Or even a hockey puck for that matter.)

5 comments:

Anush said...

120 a?

remove the digits on either side of 2 :)

thats how old u wil be even if u hit 220 :)

well, at least to me :P

Materialmom said...

May good things happen to you in 2009
Be happy :)

AtomicGitten said...

Happy New Year Jan!!!
May you get everything yon need exactly when you need it(Randall Munroe might be pushing it,though) and I wish you every happiness there can be :)

N said...

yes, enough about that crazy year already. good riddance 2008!
Happy New Year 2009.

Ashtray said...

Well I am so preposterous as to assume my name is being referred to in subliminal terms! If so yes whether you like it or not the afore mentioned people will stay on and see you through the tornadoes and twisters, just the way you do for them! :D Happy New Year Janabel and for what its worth last year dished out sorrow, joy, friendships, desserts, profound-ness and truth. :) Cheers to a happier and meaningful 09!

Disclaimer!

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.