Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Random thoughts of an idle mind.

Drip drip drip. Raining. It's raining. Not as gentle rain doth drop from heaven, to mangle Shakespeare. But quite heavily and windily. This is a good thing, you know, for the following reasons.

A) We poor, cynical, sun-bleached, dried-up Chennai-ites friggin' need it
B) It gives me an excuse to be far from the madding crowd and not brave the jugles of insane humanity flocking to do their shopping during the festival season in this wretched area where I live
C) I can curl up in bed and read!

The last being the best reason, one may be led to wonder what I am doing here, sitting vertical on my chair, moving my fingers for reasons other than to turn the page. Well, I blame it on culture/tradition/religion. (Has anyone noticed I use slashes a lot?? [Off topic, hence the parantheses]) There's the saraswathi pooja going on so I can't read today! No, not even "fiction novels", to quote one of my teachers from school! (as opposed to what, NON-fiction novels?!)

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes...the whole "I can't read" rant. Right.

However, devious little addict that I am, I have other ways. He he he HEEE! (Evil laugh. Thunder and dramatic lightning in background.) I came online of course! There are sure to be a couple of jobless individuals such as myself with whom I can chat on the messenger. Then there are the blogs. Now, I do protest that this was not my intention--the blogging part. The credit for that goes to one of my friends who suggested it. So here I am, typing merrily away and wasting webspace.

Ah! This is the life!

Well, the witching hour draws closer and as I am quite a witchy witch, I shall go scare little children and dogs. Good night and wicked dreams!

2 comments:

Arjun Sukumaran said...

Little children and dogs is probably the extent of your capabilities, isn't it? :P

smoke said...

Well, yeah. Have been told I can be scarier though. So watch out! I might be out to get you!! >:D

Disclaimer!

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.