Friday, June 01, 2007

Well, here it is!

... My penny's... er, paisa's... worth. Since my fellow interns (try all three words) have all spoken about this rather grim(ey) month (grim for me at least ;) [nah, not really]), I guess this is my cue!


Hm so well I really won't go into details. Trust me, they're really boring (even to me!) especially cos it was (gasp!) an educational experience. As a result of this, I have:


...become more confident about bus travel


...seen more of the city than I ever thought i would


...realised what exactly dust, heat, unfamiliar company (til they became familiar, that is!) and an untterly amazingly charmless part of the city can do to your morale! (hey, did i say city? wow, so ambattur is actually PART of the city. Hehe. please ignore the cattiness!)


...started to acknowledge the number pad on the right corner of the keyboard does, in fact, exist! (long story cut short: a weird MS-DOS-based word processor, unlearning all Word techniques and several VERY frustrating hours of actually getting work done!)


...learned that hunger can actually make all swill taste like amritam


...realised that friends of the same wavelength (aka Ames, Bentley and Pyne) are absolute TREASURES!


...Discovered that journalism, thank you very much, is definitely off the "Maybe This Can Be A Viable Career Option When I'm Desperate For Money and Independence" list. (Becoming a world-famous writer, robbing a bank and kidnapping bill gates for a large ransom are still on, you'll be pleased to know)


...learned all about the properties, whims, extremely cooling nature of SWEAT and how it's really not God's premature revenge on an agnostic.


...shed some kilos (sob!)


...learned that there is a light side to everything... especially dust, which is so light that a tiny little baby breeze can make it rise and settle... on people!


... discovered my skills at creating truly terrible ambattur parody songs (will spring those on the unwary later... *evil look*)


...felt relieved that my social skills are still just hovering at the zero level.


...realized WATER EEEES GOOOOOOOOOOOD!


More later then...

4 comments:

AtomicGitten said...

Gunther-three words(and a punctuation mark)-YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Poshgit said...

He he, some good lessons learnt eh ;-) Once again (sobs coming on) we missed you Gunther...waaaaahhhhh ;( sniff sniff...now that I've got that out of the way...nice touch including links to us in 'my fellow interns', good publicity ;P cheerio...

Ms. Lane said...

hey.. missed u loads durin this month but u are right in soo many ways we have learnt some big lessons in life..lolz and ofcourse we have had some exciting moments in the dryland!! :)

VaishKan said...

wadder eez amazingly gooood Jan. U forgot one of those secretly cherished ambition of ours. Marry the Merc thatha. forget the thatha. Merc is ours!! tan ta dan!

Disclaimer!

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.